NeuroML SBML May2010
Dates: 17-18 May 2010
Location: EMBL-EBI, Hinxton, UK
People will be able to attend the meeting remotely via an EVO session. An instruction page is available at the SBML Hackathon live feed
- Robert Cannon
- Sharon Crook (remotely)
- Padraig Gleeson
- Michael Hucka
- Nicolas Le Novère
- Michele Mattioni
- Maria Schilstra (remotely)
Some points to discuss from Padraig Gleeson
- Give people an update on the draft NeuroML version 2 examples as updated following the NeuroML meeting in Arizona in March.
- Get feedback from SBML people on overall style of new version, specification methods (Schema or UML), libNeuroML (C++ & Swig or Java...)
- To discuss with SBML people the process towards a more formalised specification of v2 (e.g. drafts of individual parts (morphologies, channels) sent to the NeuroML mailing list, feedback, a wider draft specification to the comp neuro community, feedback including demo impls, appointing editors, production of new specification).
- Technical discussion on SBML support (hooks/pointers to model elements in SBML from NeuroML models; how this can be reused for model elements in CellML/NineML).
Draft examples of models in NeuroML V2:
- A simple cell
- An ion channel
- A full NeuroML file incl cell, channel and network