This is a simple demonstration program that takes two arguments. The first argument is a path to a file presumed to be in SBML format, and the second is a path to a destination file. This program reads the input file using libSBML and writes it to the destination file. As a consequence of the fact that it uses libSBML, the resulting text is also reformatted and pretty-printed.
- Install libSBML if you have not already done so.
- Find a location in your file system where you want to copy the files.
- Copy the SVN link (see box at right) and use it in your SVN client to check out a copy of the files.
- Change your working directory (in your shell or whatever you're doing) to the echoSBML directory that you checked out from SVN.
- Make sure to set up your environment variables (e.g., PYTHONPATH) as needed for your installation of Python. See the libSBML documentation for more information.
echoSBML.py /path/to/input/file/name.xml /path/to/output/file.xml
Licensing terms and distribution
This software is released under the terms of the LGPL.