- William S. Hlavacek, James R. Faeder, Michael L. Blinov, Richard G. Posner, Michael Hucka, and Walter Fontana. Rules for modeling signal-transduction systems. Science's STKE: signal transduction knowledge environment, 2006(344), July 2006.
- Michael L. Blinov, James R. Faeder, Byron Goldstein, and William S. Hlavacek. Bionetgen: software for rule-based modeling of signal transduction based on the interactions of molecular domains. Bioinformatics, 20(17):3289-3291, November 2004.
- C. J. Morton-Firth and D. Bray. Predicting temporal fluctuations in an intracellular signalling pathway. J Theor Biol, 192(1):117-128, May 1998.
- Nicolas Le Novère and Thomas S. Shimizu. Stochsim: modelling of stochastic biomolecular processes. Bioinformatics, 17(6):575-576, June 2001.
- Martin Meier-Schellersheim. The immune system as a complex system: Description and simulation of the interactions of its constituents. PhD thesis, Hamburg University, 2001.
- Martin Meier-Schellersheim, Xuehua Xu, Bastian Angermann, Eric J Kunkel, Tian Jin, and Ronald N Germain. Key role of local regulation in chemosensing revealed by a new molecular interaction-based modeling method. PLoS Comput Biol, 2(7):e82, 07 2006.
- N. Le Novère, M. Courtot, and C. Laibe. Adding semantics in kinetics models of biochemical pathways. In Proceedings of the 2nd International Symposium on experimental standard conditions of enzyme characterizations, pages 137-153, 2007.