The 3rd SBML Hackathon
SBML Hackathons are annual meetings of developers of SBML software, tools, and other resources and facilities. Like others in the series, this Hackathon was a hands-on work session that provided an opportunity to discuss software interoperability and other practical matters involving SBML.
Support for the 3rd SBML Hackathon was generously provided by the following organizations:
- The International Joint Research Program of NEDO (Japan)
- The NIH National Institute of General Medical Sciences (USA)
- The Japan Science and Technology Agency (Japan)
- The Science and Technology Research Institute at the University of Hertfordshire, UK
- The Systems Biology Institute
- The California Institute of Technology
Additional corporate sponsorship was provided by:
Arrival days (Saturday/Sunday, May 7–8)
- Ground transportation from Narita International Airport to Tokyo and the Hotel Villa Fontaine Shiodome
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Lunch and dinner self-funded
Day 1 (Monday, May 9)
|07:45–08:30||Breakfast at the hotel|
|08:30–09:00||Transportation to MeSci, set up computers|
|09:00–09:20||Introduction by organizers|
|09:20–09:30||Regrouping into rooms 1 & 2|
Day 2 (Tuesday, May 10)
|07:45–08:30||Breakfast at the hotel|
|08:30–09:00||Transportation to MeSci|
|09:00–09:10||Agenda update by organizers|
|18:00–18:30||Transportation to dinner location|
|18:30–20:30||Dinner on tour boat (provided by organizers)|
|20:30–21:00||Transportation to hotel|
Continued to work at MeSci, or visit SBI lab.
- National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation ("MeSci" / Miraikan)
- Access to MeSci
- Rooms: The hackathon was held in Conference Rooms 1 and 2 on floor 7F. Here is a link to a floor map.
- Hotel Villa Fontaine Shiodome http://www.villa-fontaine.co.jp/eng/shiodome/index.html
1-9-2 Higashi Shinbashi, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 105-0021, Japan
tel: +81-(0)3 3569-2220 fax: +81-(0)3 3569-2111
- Time: From JR Shinbashi Station: 6min walk. From Yurikamome Shiodome station: 1min walk.
- Getting to the Venue: travelers took Yurikamome-line from Shiodome station, 15min to Fune-no-Kagakukan station. From there, 5min walk to the Museum.
Breakfast was included as part of the accommodation on the mornings of the May 8th to 10th.
Lunches and coffee were provided on May 9th and 10th.
The formal dinner on May 9th was provided by the organizers.
To and from airports
Narita Airport to the hotel (about 1 hour 45 min):
- Keisei-line Skyliner/Express
- Narita Airport -(Keisei Skyliner) - Nippori - (JR Yamanote line) - Shinbashi
- Narita Airport -(Keisei Express)- Oshigami - (Toei Airport Express) - Shinbashi - (yurikamome) - Shiodome
- Bus (Airport Limousine Bus)
- Attendees got off the bus at the Royal Park Shiodome Tower Hotel, and the hotel was at the opposite side of the Shiodome station. Narita <-> Shiodome Area Scheduled Service Time Table.
- Tokyo is a huge city. We recommended travelers get a map before stepping out!
- Transportation in Tokyo: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2017.html
- Taxis were available on the streets.
- Travel Info in Japan: http://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/
- Visa requirements: http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/02.html#a
- Electricity: If you were traveling from outside Japan, it was important to bring an appropriate power plug converter for your laptop or any other electrical devices you brought, since acquiring one locally could not be guaranteed. Japanese electrical current is 50 Hz, 100 V. See http://kropla.com/electric2.htm or http://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/GJ/ for information on power and plugs in Japan
|Akira Funahashi||Yukiko Matsuoka||Michael Hucka||Miraikan|
|funa at symbio.jst.go.jp||myukiko at symbio.jst.go.jp||mhucka at caltech.edu|
|Tel: 81 3 5468 1661 Fax: 81 3 5468 1664||Tel: 626 395 6911||Tel: 81 3 3570-9151|
| The Systems Biology Institute|
Kitano Symbiotic Systems Project
6-31-15 Jingumae, M31 6A,
| Control & Dynamical Systems, 107-81|
California Institute of Technology
Pasadena, California 91125
| National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation|
2-41, Aomi, Koto-ku, Tokyo,