The libSBML 5.15.0 distribution comes with the following selection of complete example programs in the top-level file directory named
- echoSBML.js: Echos (and in the process, pretty prints) an SBML model.
- readSBML.js: A simple command-line program that reads an SBML file and prints some statistics about it.
- printSBML.js: Prints information about the top-level model in the given SBML file.
- printRegisteredPackages.js: Prints the SBML Level 3 packages registered/installed in this copy of libSBML.
- printSupported.js: Prints the supported SBML Levels and Versions for this copy of libSBML.
More advanced programs
- addCVTerms.js: Adds controlled vocabulary terms to a species in a model.
- addCustomValidator.js: Example of creating a custom validator to be called during validation.
- addModelHistory.js: Adds a model history to a model.
- addingEvidenceCodes_1.js: Adds controlled vocabulary terms to a reaction in a model.
- addingEvidenceCodes_2.js: Adds evidence codes to a species in a model.
- appendAnnotation.js: Adds annotation strings to a model and a species.
- callExternalValidator.js: Example that shows how to call an external program for validation.
- convertSBML.js: Example demonstrating how to convert SBML documents between SBML Levels.
- createExampleSBML.js: Lengthy example of creating SBML models presented in the SBML specification.
- getAllElementsWithNotes.js: Demonstrates how to use the element filter class to search the model for elements with specific attributes .
- inlineFunctionDefintions.js: Loads an SBML File and inlines all the function definitions found in the model.
- printAnnotation.js: Prints the annotation strings for each element in a given model.
- printMath.js: Prints the rule, reaction, and event formulas in a given SBML document.
- printNotes.js: Prints the notes strings for each element in a given model.
- printRegisteredPackages.js: A command-line program that prints the package plug-ins that are registered with this copy of libSBML.
- printUnits.js: A command-line program that prints information about the units of measurement used in a given SBML file.
- promoteParameters.js: Promote all local parameters in the model to global parameters.
- renameSId.js: Program that renames a specific SId and updates all references to it in a given model.
- rngvalidator.js: Example of creating a RELAX NG (RNG) validator to be called during validation.
- setIdFromNames.js: Program that renames all SIds that also have names specified. The new identifiers will be derived from the name, with all invalid characters removed.
- setNamesFromIds.js: Program that changes all objects' "name" attribute values to match their "id" attribute values.
- stripPackage.js: Strips the given SBML Level 3 package from the given SBML file.
- translateL3Math.js: Translates infix formulas into MathML and vice-versa, using the SBML Level 3 parser instead of the old Level 1 parser.
- translateMath.js: Translates infix formulas into MathML and vice-versa.
- unsetAnnotation.js: Unsets the annotation for each element in the given SBML file.
- unsetNotes.js: Unsets the notes for each element in the given SBML file.
- validateSBML.js: Validates one or more SBML files.